At Amity Properties, we always encourage our vendors to have professional shots taken of their properties. Why? It’s quite simple…most buyers are visual and will make a split decision on whether to book for a viewing or not, based upon the impression the photographs give of your property.
Here are seven reasons why you need a pro on the job:
- A pro will see what an non-professional won’t. When they have a tripod set up, they can evaluate the shot in a considered way, and move out of the way anything that might sabotage it: a cat bowl, a rubbish bin, even a colourful hairbrush. Anything that may distract a viewer from looking at the main features of a room.
- A pro can deal with light levels. How often do you look at a photograph of a house interior on Rightmove, where the windows are just white boxes? This is what a pro calls ‘blown out’ and it is because a non-pro doesn’t have the expertise to cope with dark corners and light streaming through the window, at the same time.
- A pro sees shots everywhere. Unlike a non-pro, who will generally just get one wide-angled shot of every room, a pro will see a creative shot in the turn of a banister, or across a garden feature towards the sunshine. They are trained to look for the shots where they occur, not snap what’s there.
- A pro will add ambience. They will know when to turn lamps on, and when to rely on the sun coming through the window instead. They are adept at capturing atmosphere like a roaring fire or flickering candle.
- A pro takes their time. They have allocated a certain amount of time for the shoot, often several hours, and will walk round the property and plan the shoot carefully in their head. They take account of where the light falls, and its path over the course of the shoot.
- A pro has professional integrity. They need to get the very best shots possible of your home – that’s their job. Whereas for an agent, the photography is just part of a very complex, demanding job, a pro photographer can instead dedicate themself to the job of getting those perfect images, no matter what it takes.
- A pro will deliver an exceptional finished result. It can easily take almost as long to edit a shoot as it does to take the photographs in the first place. White balance, levels, saturation, sharpness, and lots more all have to be accounted for and enhanced so that the finished image is practically a work of art.
Wanting more inspiration?
Here’s a link to a FREE ebook….
‘The Essential Guide to Selling Your Home in North Birmingham’
…which details all you need to know about selling your property!!
Get your copy today!
#housesale #professionalphotography #estateagent