Here’s my 10 Quick Home Staging tips to make your house shine in a hurry!
- Grab a washing basket, and go through each room removing any bits and pieces that don’t belong there: paperwork, laundry, dirty dishes, shoes – anything that’s cluttering up the space. Pop the basket in your car, out of sight;
- Swap the towels in the bathroom for freshly laundered ones. Even better is to have new white fluffy towels that you keep especially for viewings;
- Make up the master bed with laundered or new bedding. Again, if you can keep some new bedding to throw on for viewings, it will always look at its best. One tip is to put your usual duvet cover and pillow cases over the top of your special ones, and whip them off for viewings – ta da!
- Open a window in each room to let some fresh air into the house – only a fraction if it’s cold!
- Make sure the heating is on, and light any fires you have in the house. If you don’t have time, light some un-scented candles for a cosy glow. This also works in the summertime when it’s too hot to have a fire lit;
- Unless it’s an extremely bright day, have your lamps lit upstairs, and a mixture of overhead and low level lights lit downstairs;
- Create the right atmosphere with low and relaxing music, to encourage your viewers to linger over their viewing;
- Make sure your home smells as good as it looks: spray beds with a tiny spray of perfume, pop a tumble drier sheet in the bottom of all your bins, and put a vanilla pod in the oven on a low heat for a subtle, homely scent. If you don’t have one, try some drops of vanilla or lemon juice in a bowl of water and put that in the oven.
- Raid your garden for some greenery and colour, and arrange in vases. Even in winter, you can usually find some sprigs of foliage to add some life and interest to your home.
- Finally – give yourself a mini-makeover! Make sure your outfit is smart, your shoes are clean (never slippers!) and you are well-groomed and looking professional. Your image should reflect that of your home – neat, well-kept and stylish.
Keep these 10 quick staging tips taped on the inside of a kitchen cupboard, so you can implement them quickly, and make sure your family is well-trained so they can leap into action when required!
Wanting more inspiration?
Here’s a link to a FREE ebook….
‘The Essential Guide to Selling Your Home in North Birmingham’
…which details all you need to know about selling your property!!
Get your copy today!